“Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?!” Even if you aren’t a football fanatic (like me), everyone loves a reason to party and Super Bowl XLIV (44th game) is just the reason to do so. This February 7, 2010, gather your friends, put out some fine football food, and watch the big game at the Dolphin Stadium in South Florida. Here are some Super Bowl party ideas to make it awesome!
Grab your Super Bowl party supply kit to get things rolling. It’s always fun to promote a bit of competition, so decorate each half of the room with one of the team color – think banners, balloons, streamers, and d-fence signs.
Now, when I go to a Super Bowl party – it’s ALL about the food. And with “tailgate” in mind, coming up with delicious food is a piece of cake.
– Spicy Buffalo Wings – relatively effortless and tasty, too. Dip your chicken wings in buttermilk, dredge in flour, and fry in a skillet for about 3-4 minutes per side. Combine 1/3 cup hot sauce and 2 tbsp butter and coat your wings in it.
– Black Bean Chili – you can easily make this a vegetarian chili, too
– Mini Turkey Burgers – have yummy provolone cheese on hand and stuff those burgers with chopped basil, onions, bread crumbs, and Worcestershire sauce before grilling. Plop it into a little potato roll for a fantastic slider.
– Guacamole and Chips
– Cheese balls and sliced vegetables
– Mini Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches – check out Martha Stewart’s FANTASTIC recipe for this definite crowd pleaser. The guests will be able to stand up and yell at the TV without having to put their ice cream down!
I think everyone has their favorite method for predicting who will win the Super Bowl. My mom has the ability to determine who wins the game by judging which guys … er… look best in their uniforms. Share yours in the comments below. While you might not have that special skill, you can still throw a rockin’ Super Bowl Party!