Two weeks ago we discussed 5 Girl Birthday Party Themes. Here’s the second installment of our favorite top Girl Birthday Party Themes, each of which will have your sweet gal squealing with excitement!
Lady Bugs Birthday Party
Ladybugs and flowers make a marvelous party idea for young girls! Get your invitations out early and then, the day of the party, decorate with red (or pink) and yellow streamers, tissue paper flowers, and origami butterflies for a dazzling summer garden that will fascinate your guests.
– Your guests can create their own take-home garden by filling small 2” pots with soil and planting flower seeds. Cover with plastic wrap and a rubber band for the trip home. Get their little bodies moving with other fun games like “Pin the Spot on the Lady Bug” or a Nature Hunt (give them baggies and a special list of nature related items to find).
– Cupcakes decorated like Lady Bugs seems almost a given, but you can also include sandwiches cut into flowers, fruit and vegetables with dip, burgers, chips, and gummy worms.
– A great party for the toddler through age 10
Minnie Mouse Birthday Party
She’s sweet, she’s cute, and everyone loves those big ears. Decorate pink cardstock with black polka dots on the cover. At the bottom right corner, paste black Minnie mouse ears. Inside, write out your party details. Encourage your guests to dress in polka dots!
– As your guests arrive, bestow them with their own Minnie Mouse Ears! The kids will certainly enjoy Dancing & Singing along to Mickey’s Clubhouse Music, games like “Minnie Says” or a scavenger hunt, and Minnie Mouse coloring sheets printed from the Disney website.
– Food shaped into Mouse Ears is fun – the hamburgers, sandwiches, rice krispies, and cookies! Pink popcorn would be a great treat, too.
– A fun party theme for toddlers up to about age 8 or 9
Kitty Cat Birthday Party
For the girl who loves cuddling her pet cat (or wishing she had one), how about a cat themed birthday party! On the front of your cardstock card, draw a living room and then find some cute kitten stickers to hide in the furniture (like one hiding on the bed, inside the trash can, on top of the lamp, etc). On the big day, decorate with fabulous Glamour Cat party supplies!
– Greet your guests with their own little kitten toy and have stations set up where they can pamper and spoil their little pet, like a hair brushing station, accessories station, vet.. I think you get the idea. Later, the kids can play games like “Cat & Mouse” or “Catwalk” (this one is fun – lay a long strip of bubble wrap down on the ground and have the children walk across like a cat. The goal is to not make any bubbles pop!)
– Your cuisine can be whimsical like goldfish, tuna sandwiches (or ham), cat chow (chex mix), cheese and fruit platter, and fish & cat shaped cookies!
– Enjoyable for nearly any age gal who loves her kitty cat!
Girl Pirates Birthday Party
Girl Pirates rule and Boy Pirates drool! We all dream of swashbuckling about on a ship cruising the high seas…. Make up your invitations to look like a treasure map, with “X” marking the spot on your house. Burn or tear the edges and roll into a scroll.
– Have the little “scallywags” dig for their treasure by filling a sandbox with golden chocolate coins. Then test their skills by having them “Walk the Plank” – set up a long wooden board and they have to cross without falling off. Make it harder by adding new challenges, like walking backwards, skipping, spinning, etc. Send your sassy gal pirates home with a feisty (yet fashionable) Pink Skull Favor Purse!
– Have ‘em eat like the pirates did – with their fingers (neatly, of course)! Serve up chicken legs and wings, island fruits like pineapple, kiwi, and watermelon, potato wedges, and fish ‘n’ chips.
– A spirited choice for the older gal crowd!
Cupcakes Birthday Party
Sweet, delectable cupcakes … mmm…. My daughters love to lick all frosting off before they even tear off the wrapper. Yum! A cupcake themed birthday party would be a delight for you and the kids!
– Let’s make everything cupcake-shaped! Your invitations (of course), sandwiches, cookies, and of course, your cupcakes! Arrange them on a cupcake stand for a magnificent effect. If you so desire, a cupcake-shaped cake would make their eyes grow wide, too. Serve it all up with lemonade or fruit punch.
– How about a fun game of “Pin the Candle on the Cupcake?” Make a candle shape out of cardboard and draw a big giant cupcake on a sheet of poster board! Or, get their juices jumping with a fun cupcake piñata!
– Fun for the little ones from 1 to 8
Whichever party theme you choose, whether it is a Cupcake Birthday Party or a Ladybug one, your daughter will be thrilled with your thoughtfulness and love!