Starring Dwayne Johnson as Captain Chuck Baker, Planet 51 is set to be a hugely popular movie. 1950’s style aliens, outer space, and funny astronauts equal amusing entertainment and a fabulous party idea. So, let’s get the ideas rolling for a Planet 51 Birthday Party!
For invitations, download an image of Captain Chuck or one of the Planet 51 aliens to paste onto dark blue cardstock (which has been folded in half). Use a silver glitter marker or glow-in-the-dark pen to write the party details inside. If you want to go the professional route, there are already some fantastically colorful invitations and matching party supplies available to buy. In fact, while you are at it, go ahead and get the amazing Planet 51 wall decals. They will look so cool for the party and are re-usable to decorate your child’s room.
There are tons of space related activities you can use to entertain your party guests. Here are some to get you started:
- Build a Space Ship: have cardboard boxes, paper towel rolls, tin foil, markers, crayons, string, and tape on hand for everyone to build their flying machine
- Space Maze: have the kids wind yarn all over the place, around objects, back and forth… the kids then start at one end and must follow the yarn back to Earth. If they let go, then they become lost in space!
- Planet 51 Trivia: include questions about the movie, NASA, constellations or astronomy, and famous astronauts.
- Planet 51 Piñata: piñatas are always crowd pleasers
- Astronaut Photo Shoot: You’ve invited Captain Chuck (as a standup) to the party, so have everyone get photos to take home
If you can find astronaut food (just add water), the kids will be tickled pink. Other entrées can include Little Dipper Chicken Nuggets, Moon-sized Pizza, Asteroids (fruit cut into balls), and anything cut into star shapes.
A Planet 51 Birthday Party is an awesome way to celebrate your kid’s big day, so have fun!
Leave a Reply