Our daughters are such sweet creatures, with their charm and vivid imaginations. As parents, we want to harness their magic into parties that they will recall throughout their lives. I’ve listed some of the more popular party themes below and each provides a small sampling of ideas to get your creative juices flowing….
Just about every girl has gazed with wonder at Disney’s enchanted kingdom, dreaming of their own gowns, crowns, and princes. Here is a wonderful chance for you to create a bit of fairy tale.
- Print invitations on parchment paper and roll into a scroll tied with ribbon. Some noble wording can include “The royal court requests your presence as it celebrates Princess _____’s birthday.”
- Your menu can include delicate crackers topped with cream cheese and jam, baby carrots with dip, sweet cupcakes decorated with multi-colored sugar or hot fudge sundaes in Princess Sundae Dishes. Crown your cake with a beautiful Castle Candle.
- Girls of every age will enjoy creating their own princess tiara. Get paper or foam crowns from your local craft store, glitter glue (or glue dots), and jewels. Have them decorate their tiaras and after wards, they can play dress up!
- Ideal for just about any age!
Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Party
- These toys by Hasbro are simply adorable with their beguiling eyes and tiny grins. Your daughter and her guests will have a fantastic time caring for their adopted pets together in an animal-centered party.
- Have little stations set up around the house so your guests can take care of their pets. Include a Bakery for preparing treats, a Vet Clinic, a Pet Salon, Supply Store for collars and bowls, and even a Fashion Runway for the gussied-up pet.
- Treat your guests and pets to simple foods such as Banana Pops (frozen bananas on a stick), pigs in a blanket, goldfish, puppy chow (Chex mix with chocolate chips), and baby veggies with dip.
- Probably most suited for ages 4 up to about 12.
As often as girls imagine they are princesses, I think they imagine themselves as fairies just as much! Starting with some pixie dust and cute invitations, creating a magical party for your little fairies will be a breeze.
- Set the party up so your guests can become fairies! Have wings, Tinker Bell Headbands, Tinker Bell Wands, and pretty skirts for them to wear upon arrival. Have the fairies play games like “Follow the Fairy” (just like Follow the Leader) or “Fairy Tag,” which is just like freeze tag except the person who is “it” throws pixie dust (glitter) at the target.
- Tiny fairy food is a must for the menu. Think mini pumpkin muffins, tiny bites of cake, little cheeses (like the Baybel kind), and baby fruits and vegetables with dip.
- Fun for any age, particular the younger toddlers through first grade.
It’s time to round up the gals and head on out to the barn… or at least to a Horse Themed Party! If you stick with a fabulous western theme with the horse as the focus, you really can’t go wrong with this one and your guests will love it.
- Start out by creating invitations on cardstock with stickers or stamps (or purchase some Horse Power Invites to make it a little easier), then plan your menu with western fare such as burgers, hot dogs, baked beans, apple slices, and bottled root beer.
- After your guests have donned their cowboy hats, they can rustle up some fun with activities like “Pin the Tale on the Pony,” a Pony Painting activity, or a game of horse shoes. If you have the cash and really want to go all out, rent some ponies for a pony ride or locate a local horse ranch to host.
- A magnificent idea for any age gal!
She’s a singing sensation that has rocked the world of young girls everywhere. Grab some microphones, music videos, and even blond wigs so your own girls can sing and dance the day away!
- When you send out the Hannah Montana invitations, request your guests to look the “rock star” part. As they arrive, you can hand them their own pretend Hannah Montana Head Set and get rockin’ with some Karaoke! Other fun activities can include traditional games like musical chairs or a piñata filled with Miley’s favorite candies (Starbursts, Taffy, Gummy Bears, and Dots).
- Food can be relatively simple since Miley Cyrus herself enjoys the country home life – burgers, fries, veggie plates, and chocolate chip cookies. Don’t forget the cake, though, topped with a Rock the Stage decoration!
- This type of party is geared towards the pre-teen age.
Leave a Reply