Thanksgiving is just over a week away and if you are hosting Thanksgiving dinner then it is time to make sure that you have everything ready. Here are a few items to get finished:
1) Plan your menu. Whether you are having a traditional turkey dinner with all of the trimmings or a more unconventional meal, take some time to write down your menu for the day. Then create a shopping list from your menu to make sure you have everything on hand that you will need. No one wants to be at the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving, so get your shopping done now to beat the rush.
2) Check on your Guests. Go over your guest list to see if there is anyone that has not responded to your invitation or if there are any last minute changes. Having an accurate headcount can mean the difference between too much food and not enough.
3) Order your Thanksgiving party supplies. There is still time to place an order and get them in time for Thanksgiving. Who wants to be stuck in the kitchen washing dishes when you can use fun paper plates with a Thanksgiving theme on them?
4) Party Games. These great printable thanksgiving party games can be a fun way to entertain your guests and a wonderful ice breaker so that everyone can get to know one another. Plus they are convenient and can be printed on your home computer. That is one less store that you will need to go to.
5) Get the football schedule. In many families watching a Thanksgiving football game is a huge tradition. Check your local listings to make sure you have the right channel and time for the game. Your guests will appreciate it.
6) Read about more Thanksgiving party tips as well.
Hopefully these tips will help you to throw a fun and smooth Thanksgiving dinner party. Happy Thanksgiving!