New Year’s Eve is two weeks away and it is time to complete your New Year’s Eve party planning. New Year’s is a time for reflection and a time to look forward to something new. It is also a great time for celebration and is the perfect capstone to the Holiday season. Gather with your family and friends to enjoy an evening together. Here are five ideas for hosting a successful New Year’s Eve party.
1) Formal or Informal? You need to decide if you want to host a Formal or an informal party. Your guests may appreciate the opportunity to dress in the finest for a formal evening out or they may look forward to an informal evening after the hustle and bustle of the Holidays. Review your guest list and make a decision about what you think your guests would enjoy more.
2) Champagne. A toast to ring in New Year’s is a tradition that many take part in. Have enough on hand for at least one glass of champagne (either the alcoholic or sparkling kind) for each of your guests.
3) Food. Make sure that you have plenty of food on hand for your guests. You can either serve a full meal or just appetizers and dessert depending on what time your party starts. If your party is going to be longer than three hours, then dinner is probably a must to help keep your guests going until midnight.
4) Party Games. Your guests will probably enjoy eating and chatting with you and your other guests but it is also a good idea to have a plan for entertaining your guests. Have some printable New Year’s Eve games on hand. These great games can be printed right from your home computer and will save you time from having to research and create your own.
5) Noisemakers and Hats. Ring in the New Year loudly with some fun noisemakers. Have an assortment of New Year’s Eve hats, glasses, and LED buttons for your guests to choose from. Don’t forget to take lots of pictures of your guests dressed up!
Enjoy a wonderful evening with your family and friends. Feel free to share your New Year’s Eve traditions. Finalize your plans today and don’t let the New Year sneak up on you.
[…] little time left to finish your New Year’s Eve party plans. Check out some of the great New Year’s Eve party tips […]