The party favors that get handed out at the end of a birthday party are the highlight to just about everyone’s day. Children love the little gifts to take home, regardless of how simple or elaborate they are. Just use your imagination, make them alike in size and color, and add that special personal touch. Here are some ideas for do it yourself party favors.
- Fill personalized goodie bags with fun items like play dough, a cookie cutter, gum, candy, and funky pens
- Stick with the party theme! If you are having a pirate party, include an eye patch or add a tiara for a princess party.
- Add items like seeds, a mini flower pot, pack of peat, and a bit of wrapped chocolate bars to a felted favor bag for a charming take home gift
- If you have a sewer in the family, see if they can make up “I Spy” bags using themed fabric, pvc beads or rice, and various fun buttons (like cats, bees, etc). My own mom made some unbelievable ones for my 3 year old daughter’s party.
- Add some little items like whistles, stickers, or temporary tattoos to the inside of a balloon, blow it up, and tie with personalized gingham ribbon for a unique favor.
The options for you are endless and with a little creative input, you can come up with the perfect Do It Yourself Party Favors!