On the day of love, Valentine’s Day, making beautiful gifts for your loved ones is not only sweet and charming, but entertaining and fun! So, dig out the art box, put on the messy aprons, and get to crafting Valentine’s Day delights!
- Heart-shaped soap: with some Melt n Pour Soap and heart shaped molds, your older children will enjoy making soaps for their friends
- Friendship Bracelets: perfect for any age, these adjustable bracelets with whimsical stickers will delight the crafter and the wearer
- Tissue Paper Flowers: this timeless craft is fun for everyone. When the flowers have been made, attach pipe cleaners and arrange in pretty vases for your friends
- Valentine Book Mark: simple for the older child, cut out a heart about 1 1/2” wide from red cardstock. Out of decorative paper (check the scrapbook paper section of your craft store), cut out a smaller heart that fits nicely in the large one. Paste them together. With a utility knife (that mom/dad uses), trace the bottom half of the small heart, cutting through the cardstock so that the book reader friend can slip pages between the two hearts.
- Keepsake Valentine Box: one of my favorite things to do as a kid was to decoupage cut-out pictures, images, and tissue paper to boxes. Grab some magazines and find hearts, pretty flowers, etc to decorate your box with.
These craft ideas are simple and fun, so have a good time cherishing the time with your children.