Halloween, while spooky sounding in name, can be oodles of fun when you put your creatively artistic juices to work!! So get out your scissors, markers, stamps, and glue for some fabulous Halloween Party Craft ideas!
• Paper Mache Ghosts: Tear white tissue paper and paste to a blown-up balloon lengthwise, so that the ends hang down in a floating manner. You can shape the eyes or cut them out later, if you wish. When dry, poke a hole in the top of the head and string for hanging later.
• Voodoo Necklaces: for this spooky craft, you’ll need some colorful beads, necklace string (cording or hemp), polymer clay (fleshy or glow in the dark), and a toothpick. Knead and shape the clay into 1” bone shapes (a cylinder with a ball on each end) and poke a hole through with the toothpick large enough for your cord. Bake the bones as directed on the clay packaging. When cool, create your necklace on the cord with the bones and beads!
• Trick or Treat Bags: There are cool kits you can buy that come with your bags and decorating tools. Another idea can be to make them out of pillowcases. Using black iron-on patches, cut out spooky eyes and mouths to iron on a white pillowcase. At the opening, cut ½” slits and weave some cord or rope through to act as a drawstring.
• Pumpkin Incense Burner: This idea came from the crafty Martha Stewart website which directs you to take a mini pumpkin, cut off the top, and scoop out the insides. Then, carve out air vents, but I think carving a mini face on the front will be just as good and cuter. Place a tea light candle inside and coat the top of the pumpkin with cinnamon and cloves before replacing. Ahhh… smells wonderful. It should last for about six hours.
• Masks: Making masks really allows the personality to shine through, so stock up on some Mask kits for your guests to play with.
Regardless of the age of your guests, crafts can be a fun way for everyone to share in the Halloween fun. I hope these Halloween Party Craft ideas get your thoughts rolling!